Friday, June 29, 2007

Go to your high school reunions...trust me.

I didn't know if I believed in karma until my 10 year high school reunion, which was held last weekend.

A little background, I was a shy, skinny, awkward kid who had a few too many perms, braces, and no fashion sense. I was in Advanced Placement classes and had goody goody not popular (but amazingly awesome and great) friends. I didn't drink, smoke, or do drugs (unless you count some wine coolers my senior year). Boys would ask me out as a joke or a dare, I didn't go to my senior prom.

Trust me, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I went back for the ten year reunion. It was a little daunting stepping in there by myself and facing the gauntlet, but I found my old friends and they all looked amazing. And I saw the people who weren't so nice, and they had become as ugly on the outside as they were on the inside. My 'goody goody' friends and I and all the really nice, good people were the best looking and most successful people there.

There was also toasted ravioli, and I love that.

Also, drunk popular guys who didn't pay any attention to me in high school got drunk and tried to hit on me. HA! Denied.

To all the nerds out there...just wait. :)

No comments: