Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Right Thing

It's really hard to know what the right thing is for yourself.

I mean, I was seeing someone, and it really seemed like the right thing, but it turned out it wasn't. And that 's how all of my 'seeing people things' go. It seems ok, but there aren't any spectacular fireworks. And that is ok (I think), because good relationships take time to build. But the guy is always all,"I like you but it's not going any further and I don't feel 'that thing'" and then I am all 'duh' because it's true.

I have a lot of trouble with that, because the like part is very easy for me, but the 'anything further' part is a lot harder and I will just end up everyone's little sister or something. About 2 days ago I really cared about it but now I realized there really isn't anything I can do about it and that is the right thing for me.

It's also hard to do the right thing for other people. This project I have been working on...I swear these people are dumb, lazy, or both. They turn in terrible work and always have excuses. I want to shoot them. Well when they fucked up our final project, I had to email the professor. First time I had been a tattle tale in over 20 years. I got our final project 4 hours before it was due. It was jumbled, any part I didn't do was incomplete and wrong, and no one cited their sources. The group is all contrite about it--I have already begun to rectify the situation. The rest of my group is all contrite but as of yet, no results.

No comments: